Holiday Food Basket Program
Holiday Food Basket Program
Holiday Food Basket Program
Holiday Food Basket Program
Weatherization Crew Member I
Division: Energy, Education & Environmental Service
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Starting Salary: $19.93 hourly
Type: At-Will, Full Time
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Under the general supervision of the Weatherization Field Supervisor and a Crew Member II, the incumbent performs a variety of weatherization duties/tasks for the Energy, Education & Environmental Services Program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Conducts combustion appliance safety checks and blower door test.
2. Completes and maintains all required clients files, forms and document on a per-home basis.
3. Ensures the proper use and maintenance of assigned program vehicles, tools and equipment.
4. Performs weatherization activities in accordance with applicable federal/state regulations and utility contracts to ensure consistent quality of work production.
5. Installs vents and insulates attics; weatherstrip/caulk, repairs or replaces windows; installs glass, water heater blankets and storm windows; performs minor home repairs incidental to weatherization.
6. Arrive with clean uniforms and have all required equipment to perform the job.
7. Performs mathematical computations
8. Attends required work related training session as directed, performs other duties and works overtime as required.
9. And other assigned duties
1. Inventory control procedures.
2. Effective customer service techniques.
3. Safety practices regarding the proper use of power hand tools.
4. Types and kinds of tools/equipment used to perform energy conservation/Weatherization services.
5. Computer, tablet, phones, and other electronic devices
6. Basic email, text, customer relationship management software (ServTraq), ADP
7. Problems and needs of low income, disadvantaged, disabled, homeless and elderly persons and families.
Read maps, Thomas Guide and GPS applications; perform basic mathematical computations; understand and follow oral and written direction; work in a fast paced environment with strict deadlines; read, write and speak English at a level appropriate for the position; complete client related forms, files and documents in a timely manner; effectively communicate and interact with personnel at all organizational levels; operate agency/personal vehicle for official business purposes in a safe manner; stay overnight on out-of-town assignments and work on weekends and overtime when requested in advanced; communicate and deal diplomatically and tactfully with persons from varied social, economic and cultural backgrounds over the telephone and in person.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school graduation or equivalent.
Six (6) months experience performing weatherization, construction or housing rehabilitation duties.
1. Eighteen (18) months of additional qualifying work experience may substitute high school diploma or GED.
1. Certificate in Basic Weatherization, Advanced Weatherization, Mobile Home or Blower Door Training for either the Pacific Gas and Electric or Southern California Gas Company.
2. Ability to install household appliances, Hot water heater, furnaces (FAU, wall furnace, floor furnace etc.,) evaporative cooler, air conditioning systems, coil, condenser, window A/C etc.,)
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
Position requires constant standing, walking, twisting, and bending; operation of hand/foot controls or repetitive hand/foot movement; work on rough, uneven, rocky or slippery surfaces; use of specialized protective equipment, clothing or respirator; work around equipment and machinery; expose to noise, dust, gas or toxic materials; work at heights and confine spaces for up to 3-6 hours. Exposure to extreme temperatures, humidity and wetness. Must be able to lift objects weighing up to 80 pounds.
1. Medical –Subject to required employee monthly contribution.
2. Dental- 100% employer paid for employees.
3. Vision and contact lens benefits every two (2) years subject to required employee co-pays and plan option.
4. Employer-paid Group Life insurance coverage benefit of two (2) times the annual salary up to $200,000 plus AD & D coverage.
5. Voluntary supplemental life insurance coverage.
6. Fourteen (14) Paid Holidays.
7. Vacation benefits do not accrue during the first six (6) months of employment. An employee must successfully complete their six-month evaluative period and then vacation benefits will start accruing and are available for use. Vacation benefits are accrued on a bi-weekly basis as follows:
1-5 years (3.08 hours per pay period = 10 days)
6-14 years (4.62 hours per pay period = 15 days)
15-over (6.15 hours per pay period = 20 days)
8. Sick leave is earned at a rate of 3.69 hours per pay period for full-time employees.
9. 403b retirement program which CAPSBC contributes 6% of employee’s gross salary once the employee meets the program requirements and employees may voluntarily contribute up to the specified Internal Revenue Service Requirements.
10. Social Security paid by the employee is matched by CAPSBC, as well as Medicare.
11. Merit advancements.
LICENSE AND PERSONAL VEHICLE
Must possess and maintain a valid California Driver License, be insurable and have/maintain a good driving record throughout the course of employment. In addition, the applicant must have access to a dependable vehicle and maintain state-mandated personal automobile insurance coverage throughout the course of employment. Employees receive reimbursement per mile for use of his/her personal vehicle for business purposes (excluding driving from home and to work) based on the approved IRS mileage rate.
Applicants considered for an interview must submit a Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) Driving Report (dated within previous 90 calendar days) upon request from the CAPSBC Operations Division. An unacceptable DMV Driving Report will result in no further consideration for the position applied for.
Following an administrative review of each application, only the most qualified applicants will be invited to an oral interview. After the hiring interviews have been completed, a background check (including verification of criminal records, education,employment and social security) will be conducted on the candidate (s) being considered for employment. Once the background checks (s) have been completed and reviewed, a conditional offer of employment will be made to the recommended applicant for hire. The conditional offer is contingent on the applicant passing a pre-employment physical examination only to include urine drug testing and TB screening. An offer of conditional employment will be withdrawn upon failure to pass the physical examination. The recommended applicant shall submit original documentation to establish both work authorization and identity (per the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986). As a condition of employment, the recommended applicant must be able to participate in the agency’s payroll direct deposit program or the offer of conditional employment will be withdrawn. In order to participate in the program, the recommended applicant must currently have/or be able to obtain (prior to hire date) a checking or saving account.
Submit a completed CAPSBC Application form to the Operations Division, 696 S. Tippecanoe Avenue, San Bernardino, CA 92415-0610. Applications must be typed and not hand written. Hand written applications will not be accepted for employment opportunities. Applicants can go to the CAPSBC website to complete an application on line, print it and submit the completed application to the Operations Division. If you change your address or phone number after filing an application, please notify CAPSBC Operations Division immediately. Resumes will not be accepted as a substitute for completion of the work history portion of the application. The information you provide will be used to verify and evaluate your qualifications. Failure to fully complete the application and/or provide information on it that clearly demonstrates possession of the position requirements will result in no further consideration.