Division: FOOD BANK
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary: $14.48 Hourly
Type: At-Will, Full Time
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Under general supervision, the incumbent performs a variety of weatherization duties/tasks for the Energy, Education & Environmental Services Program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Orders receive and inspect incoming shipments to assure quantity/quality.
Verifies for accuracy invoices/billing, shipping documents/packing slips.
Records and stores equipment, materials and supplies.
Notes discrepancies between recorded inventory and actual count.
Maintains all areas of the warehouse in a clean and neat manner, meeting environmental health standards.
- Lifts and moves heavy objects and equipment weighing up to 85 pounds manually or with the aid of lifting devices.
- Maintains files and logs.
- Retrieves and posts data to an automated or manual inventory record system.
- Operates material handling equipment such as forklift or pallet jack.
- Conducts other duties and works overtime as required.
1. Safety principles and practices.
2. Effective customer service techniques.
3. Inventory control Techniques.
4. Warehouse operations procedures and practices.
5. Problems and needs of low income, disadvantaged, disabled, homeless and elderly persons and families.
1. Function with minimal direction and control.
2. Operate a forklift and pallet jack.
3. Develop and maintain a good working relationship with program staff and vendors.
4. Work in a fast paced environment with short deadlines.
5. Perform basic mathematical computations.
6. Effectively communicate and interact with personnel at all organizational levels.
7. Operate Agency/personal vehicle for official business purposes in a safe manner.
8. Read, write and speak English at a level appropriate for the position.
9. Conduct inventories using First In/First Out system in an automated and/or manual inventory record system.
10. Follow oral and written direction.
11. Proficiently operate standard office equipment, including computer hardware and software applications associated with performance of assigned work (i.e., MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Outlook, and Internet Explorer).
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. High school graduation or equivalent.
2. Six (6) months experience performing weatherization, construction or housing rehabilitation duties.
3. Must possess a current forklift operator certification.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
Position requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, twisting, and bending. Simple grasping and hand manipulation, as well as, reaching above and below shoulder level. Must be able to lift boxes weighing up to 85 pounds. Requires working indoors in a temperature controlled environment with some exposure to copies and printer chemicals and/or fumes.
1. Medical –Subject to required employee monthly contribution.
2. Dental- 100% employer paid for employees.
3. Vision and contact lens benefits every two (2) years subject to required employee co-pays and plan option.
4. Employer paid Group Life insurance coverage benefit of two (2) times the annual salary up to $200,000 plus AD & D coverage.
5. Voluntary supplemental life insurance coverage.
6. Fourteen (14) Paid Holidays.
7. Vacation benefits do not accrue during the first six (6) months of employment. An employee must successfully complete their six-month evaluative period and then vacation benefits will start accruing and are available for use. Vacation benefits are accrued on a bi-weekly basis as follows:
1-5 years (3.08 hours per pay period = 10 days)
6-14 years (4.62 hours per pay period = 15 days)
15-over (6.15 hours per pay period = 20 days)
8. Sick leave is earned at a rate of 3.69 hours per pay period for full-time employees.
9. 403b retirement program which CAPSBC contributes 6% of employee’s gross salary once the employee meets the program requirements and employees may voluntarily contribute up to the specified Internal Revenue Service Requirements.
10. Social Security paid by employee is matched by CAPSBC, as well as Medicare.
11. Merit advancements.
LICENSE AND PERSONAL VEHICLE
Must possess and maintain a valid California Driver License, be insurable and have/maintain a good driving record throughout the course of employment. In addition, the applicant must have access to a dependable vehicle and maintain state-mandated personal automobile insurance coverage throughout the course of employment. Employees receive reimbursement per mile for use of his/her personal vehicle for business purposes (excluding driving from home and to work) based on the approved IRS mileage rate.
Applicants considered for an interview must submit a Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) Driving Report (dated within previous 90 calendar days) upon request from the CAPSBC Operations/Human Resources Division. An unacceptable DMV Driving Report will result in no further consideration for the position applied for.
Following an administrative review of each application, only the most qualified applicants will be invited to an oral interview. After the hiring interviews have been completed, a background check (including verification of criminal records, education, employment and social security) will be conducted on the candidate (s) being considered for employment. Once the background checks (s) have been completed and reviewed, a conditional offer of employment will be made to the recommended applicant for hire. The conditional offer is contingent on the applicant passing a pre-employment physical examination only to include urine drug testing and TB screening. An offer of conditional employment will be withdrawn upon failure to pass the physical examination. The recommended applicant shall submit original documentation to establish both work authorization and identity (per the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986). The recommended applicant is encouraged to participate in the agency’s payroll direct deposit program. In those instances where the recommended applicant cannot participate in the direct deposit program, the recommended applicant will have the opportunity to participate in a pay card program.
Submit a completed CAPSBC Application to the Operations/Human Resources Division. Hand written applications will not be accepted for employment opportunities. Applicants can go to the CAPSBC website to complete an application on line. If you change your address or phone number after filing an application, please notify CAPSBC Operations/Human Resources Division immediately. Resumes will not be accepted as a substitute for completion of the work history portion of the application. The information you provide will be used to verify and evaluate your qualifications. Failure to fully complete the application and/or provide information on it that clearly demonstrates possession of the position requirements will result in no further consideration.