Division: Energy, Education & Environmental Service
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary: $14.00 Hourly Rate
Type: At-Will, Full Time
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Under general supervision, the Clerk I performs general receptionist and clerical duties, which follow established practices and procedures and are repetitive in nature. In addition, the incumbent provides technical support to the Call Center and operates a multi-line telephone system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Answers, screens and refers telephone calls; takes telephone messages, greet and directs visitors to appropriate personnel.
Schedules appointments, provides routine program information, handles customer complaints, and refer as necessary.
Maintains established manuals and files in accordance with prescribed filling systems procedures; prepares, updates, sorts, duplicates and files records, and documents.
Maintains cross-references files by assigning or checking filling codes to items based on material/document content.
Receives, date-stamps and distributes incoming mail and/or material; collates and assembles materials for, stuffs, sorts and prepares outgoing mail for pickup; assists in the preparation of large mailings.
Types lists, cards, addresses, labels, forms or routine correspondence from handwritten or typed copy using standard typewriter or computer.
Proofreads and corrects typed material for completeness and spelling, grammar and punctuation.
Maintains simple records by transferring data and calculating totals and subtotals.
Performs computational work of average difficulty and assists in preparing reports.
Provides vacation and temporary relief as required; performs other duties and works overtime as directed.
Basic office procedures and standard office equipment.
Business English usage, grammar, spelling, vocabulary and punctuation.
Type 40 wpm, Understand and follow oral and written direction, maintain strict confidentiality; maintain accurate client records; create reports relative to work volume, client contact, benchmarks, status of client files, perform job duties independently; gather, analyze and evaluate data; comply with contractual and safety requirements; interpret and apply program policies and procedures; work in a fast paced environment with strict deadlines; read, write, and speak English at a level appropriate for the position; accurately perform mathematical computations of average difficulty; accurately use a tape measure for a variety of measuring requirements; effectively communicate and interact with personnel at all organizational levels; work with established guidelines and standards to ensure compliance and accountability; travel throughout San Bernardino County Region, which includes (High Desert, Low Desert, West End, Central, and Mountain Areas) to perform work duties, which may require overnight stay (s); accurately enter and process client eligibility information into computer system and or designated electronic/software systems; use scanner, printer and copier communicate and deal diplomatically and tactfully with persons from varied social, economic and cultural backgrounds over the telephone and in person; proficiently operate standard office equipment, including computer hardware and software applications. (i.e., Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Windows, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook)
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Education equivalent to graduation from high school.
2. Six (6) months of recent paid office clerical experience, preferably within a Social Service Agency and demonstrated fulfillment of the knowledge and ability sections.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
Position requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, twisting, and bending. Simple grasping and hand manipulation, as well as, reaching above and below shoulder level.Must be able to lift boxes weighing up to 25 pounds. Requires working indoors in a temperature controlled environment with some exposure to copies and printer chemicals and/or fumes.
1. Medical –Subject to required employee monthly contribution.
2. Dental- HMO plan option 100% employer paid for employees. PPO plan is subject to required employee monthly contribution.
3. Vision – Plan option is subject to the required employee co-pays.
4. Employer-paid Group Life insurance coverage benefit of two (2) times the annual salary up to $200,000 plus AD & D coverage.
5. Voluntary supplemental life insurance coverage.
6. Fourteen (14) Paid Holidays.
7. Vacation benefits do not accrue during the first six (6) months of employment. An employee must successfully complete their six-month evaluative period and then vacation benefits will start accruing and are available for use. Vacation benefits are accrued on a bi-weekly basis as follows:
1-5 years (3.08 hours per pay period = 10 days)
6-14 years (4.62 hours per pay period = 15 days)
15-over (6.15 hours per pay period = 20 days)
8. Sick leave is earned at a rate of 3.69 hours per pay period for full-time employees.
9. 403b retirement program which CAPSBC contributes 6% of employee’s gross salary once the employee meets the program requirements and employees may voluntarily contribute up to the specified Internal Revenue Service Requirements.
10. Social Security paid by the employee is matched by CAPSBC, as well as Medicare.
11. Merit advancements.
Submit a completed CAPSBC Application form to the Operations/Human Resources Division, 696 S. Tippecanoe Avenue, San Bernardino, CA 92408-2607. Applications must be typed and not hand written. Hand written applications will not be accepted for employment opportunities. Applicants can go to the CAPSBC website to complete an application on line, print it and submit the completed application to the Operations/Human Resources Division. If you change your address or phone number after filing an application, please notify CAPSBC Operations/Human Resources Division immediately. Resumes will not be accepted as a substitute for completion of the work history portion of the application. The information you provide will be used to verify and evaluate your qualifications. Failure to fully complete the application and/or provide information on it that clearly demonstrates possession of the position requirements will result in no further consideration.